As our internal AR Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring the receivables on customer accounts from various online and brick-and-mortar sales venues. This role is essential to ensuring that all financial transactions
between our clients and us are handled properly. The AR Specialist position is responsible for helping clients
understand their invoices and charges and assists in resolving any questions or concerns. Additional responsibilities
will include collecting payments, scheduling payments, reviewing customers' statement of account for accuracy of
charges and working with our accounting system to ensure all transaction are properly recorded. As part of the
goTRG team you will work in a customer service oriented, fast paced, and team focused environment to help
reconcile client account balances.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Reconciles customer accounts, resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Experience with use of NetSuite is a plus
• Knowledge of accounts receivable
• Knowledge of office administration and procedures
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
• Knowledge of general accounting principals
• Proficient in relevant computer software (QuickBooks, NetSuite, Excel and Microsoft Office)
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration Preferred