goTRG is a global returns management platform for enterprise-level retailers and manufacturers. Our mission is to transform the circular economy by providing returns solutions that mitigate financial and environmental waste. Our work is to provide technology-driven, supply chain services that help drive recoveries on returns and excess inventory, and reduce landfill waste by keeping items in a circular economy. Our business is comprised of 3 verticals – SaaS, supply chain and ecommerce. Our proprietary software, R1, helps make a data driven disposition decision for the most profitable resale path for each unique item. Our robust supply chain operations span 14 different facilities across North America, where we repair and refurbish millions of items each year with a disciplined approach. Once items have been restore do their best condition, we utilize our integrations across 20+ online and secondary marketplaces to resell these items. This fully-managed returns solution helps the average client recover up to 60% more than traditional retail channels. We do this for the world's largest retail clients with an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus in innovation meet tomorrow's demands in an ever-changing retail environment.
Join us as we help our clients uncover value in their returns and reshape the retail industry’s approach to reverse supply chain management through technology. We are searching for a strong leader who is motivated by the opportunity to contribute to a growing company that values team, innovation, partnership and sustainability. If you are looking to join a vibrant culture that rewards people for the quality of their work, and offers a path to hone your professional skills and expertise, then goTRG is hiring for a candidate like you!!!
This is a management role with small team. This team will develop key operational metrics in conjunction with Operational Control Center and Planning for Production, Repair and Fulfillment. The Optimization Manager will be responsible for providing hands on expertise in the area of material handling equipment, automated and non-automated mechanization, storage optimization solutions and transportation to support an effective supply chain/logistics process to help customers achieve strategic business and operating plans. This position will provide in depth technical expertise and assistance in developing innovative and creative solutions for new and existing customers in the areas of Supply Logistics, Inventory Management, Postponement, Vendor Managed Inventory, Facility Planning, Design & Management, Process Design and Planning, Transportation Management, and Technology Enablers.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide Logistics Engineering Solutions Design & Implementation support and technical competency in support of GOTRG service offerings.
- Support order fulfillment operations by reviewing current pick/pack/ship processes and offering best practice solutions to minimize pick to ship times.
- Directly participates in the assessment of customers’ needs and solution design activities. Has experience in the design or operation of distribution management functionality and understands how warehouse management systems enable the solution.
- Support sales and business development efforts by presenting GOTRG's solutions capabilities to clients, logistics management personnel, logistics organizations and professional organizations.
- Support Regional Repair/Refurb team by aiding in the development of best practice solutions and continuous improvement processes for maximizing yield and unit margin.
- Research best practices in industry in order to allow the dissemination of same and cross-fertilization of ideas throughout GOTRG.
- Work on cross functional teams to prepare responses to customer requests determining approach, process, technology requirements and costs that reflect customer needs and are profitable for GOTRG.
- Serves as a distribution management representative on a cross-functional team for more complex integrated solutions.
- Provide expertise in integrated distribution and transportation network analysis covering optimum facility location, facility functionality, warehousing, cross-docking, flow throughs, reverse logistics, RFP responses, distribution simulation, value added services.
- Provide consultative services to internal and external customers.
- Review labor performance, reporting methods, systems and procedures.
- Ensure that warehousing designs are properly matched to customer needs and transportation constraints.
- Create, Review and recommend storage utilization methods, facility layouts/designs, equipment requirements, rolling stock needs, material handling needs, staffing requirements, facility sizing needs, cost modeling and concept of operation for the business requirements.
- Analysis of programs such as national forklift safety training, quality training, rolling stock maintenance program and HAZMAT to assure compliance and consistencies among all of goTRG facilities.
- Utilize technology solutions as key differentiators between GOTRG and competitors in new business development opportunities.
- Ensure proactive consultation with and document existing customer information, business flows and processes identifying areas of opportunity where GOTRG can provide value-added services, information systems and management decision support tools
- Approx. 50% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or suitable life experience and minimum 5 years experience in engineering/design role.
- Strong knowledge of PC & Mini based Logistics systems including Auto CAD, processing mapping tools, slotting tools, warehouse layout and equipment tools, etc.
- Multi-lingual skills and international experience preferable
- Experience with transportation, distribution, inventory management, packaging and postponement required.
- Experience with order processing and production is an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid analytical abilities and experience in problem solving, project management and process improvement
- Strong technical skills
- Prior 3PL experience in integrated logistics services with a strong emphasis on warehousing and Integrated transportation solutions
- Medical and Dental Insurance Benefits
- 2 weeks paid Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- 100% Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- End of Year Holiday Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $400 Employee of the Month